Bonn, Bochum, World: BUSINESS
BUSINESS / GESCHÄFT
Click on tiles for diashow
Comment your town, link(s) and eventually some thoughts below this post here.
Something special in Bonn? Thoughts about Bochum? Some words:
Bonn is business as usual, with small and big deals, behind closed doors or in open shops (Here Outtakes). But with three local specials business becomes public.
- Beethoven sells: Festivals, events, tourism. Everything counts at the birthplace of the master (for example “Klangwelle Bonn”. More here and here).
- Karneval sells: Not only six days. Karneval works over more seasons. Gastronomy, events, shops. An own market.
- Chrismas sells: The Chrismas market in Bonn is attraction for the whole area (except Cologne), but is more party than Advent (Karneval songs under the Chrismas tree). Fastfood and alcohol for much revenue.
Despite the resident global players like THYSSEN-KRUPP, OPEL or TRAID I want to pay respect for the dying branches.
– The last mine in Bochum closed in the 70s. Nevertheless the people feel still connected to this part of Bochum’s history, because it was a formative chapter for native live and mentality.
– I don’t know for how long this ‘backyard sales’ will still exists. I would miss this lovely and familiar way of doing business.
– Kiosk: A kind of center of the universe… …to buy, to chatter… ..at a place where everybody knows your name. Just not business as usual.